Wednesday 21 June 2017

Trouble

I wanted to find a place by the sea where I could sleep on lavenders,
Where the starlit sky and constellation would take up all the time.
I ll keep aside my cellphone in a jar and pour out my heart full of wine.
I have always wanted to be the muse.
The muse to your poetry or songs or anything that made sense,I wanted to breathe in between the lines you wrote.
I still long for the letters unwritten or written to just get saved in the draft box.
I wished for a petal and your handkerchief that reeked of love and innocence.

The streetlights and asphalt,
The pink sun and bubble wraps
The ice cream sticks and yellow wisps of smoke,
Your smile and everything else
Its all that I wanted when the daffodils were dead.. because honey you are the trouble that had me.
The trouble more like wind or waves lashing against my feet,
The trouble like my sinking legs and the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment